Sunday, December 31, 2017

It's Art Day!: Sticky Note Challenge #2 “I wish I Could Draw...”


Sticky Note Challenge #2 "I wish I could draw..."
Here it's October and I was trying to think of a new engaging prompt for the next "Sticky Note Challenge." You can check out our September Sticky Note Challenge here which was our first for the 2017-18 school year. 

 

It's still the beginning of the year so building those relationships with 450 plus kids is umm...well...quite a task!  So, I thought that maybe I would do a prompt that while benefiting them would also benefit me! So, this helped me get to know them a little better. They got to know each other by sharing and also told me something about themselves.  



 We had a lot of desire to draw animals. At the end of class, I asked who would like to share their sticky note. A great way to discover what student's hopes and dreams were as artists in my classroom. 



A few gave it a shot with a little mini drawing! 



I was able to promise that we would do self portraits!! Always!!
"ME"



"Real Expressions!"  "Cool Animals!" 



 These kiddos were very specific and knew exactly what kind of car they wanted to learn how to draw. This is great! 



POP CULTURE is alive and well y'all! We love EMOJIS! 



Check out another way I use sticky notes to engage my students here as they comment and ask me questions about what I'm wearing. 

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Clark8/31/2021

    Hi Ms. Mcdonald! I just stumbled across your blog and would LOVE to see other sticky note challenge prompts you've done! I'm thinking they would be a great addition to my elementary art classes this year!

    ReplyDelete