Friday, April 21, 2017

Art Teacher Life: Margaret Here! Nice to meet cha!

I'm a blogger! It has a nice ring, don't it?! This art teacher is so excited 'cause I've got lots to say! However, what to write? I'm working on that! First, let me introduce myself!
Margaret Here!
I teach elementary art Pre-K through 6th grade in Virginia. I am wrapping up year #11. I have taught all 11 years in elementary and all at one school. It's crazy but so incredible! I've watched children grow up to be adults, go off to college and do amazing things. I'm far from being done as an educator. Things just keep getting better! 

Here are 2 of my former students who have recently come back who are currently studying education as freshman in college! People, these are the moments that fill up the soul and keep us going! 

In face paint with Michael, a freshman in college
 who is participating in Career Day 2017
    
Melissa, a freshman in college helping 
Kindergartners in the Art Room
I grew up overseas in Taichung, Taiwan in the 80's and was plopped in to a Chinese kindergarten within days of arriving in the country. By age 5, I was immersed and if you weren't looking, you didn't know I was a foreigner! I grew up a musician and a doodler but followed my heart in to visual arts and finally in to Art Education. I'm right where I'm suppose to be and it feels great!
In Taichung, Taiwan Circa 1986

There are approximately 9 weeks left of school this year. It seems once spring breaks is over, its pretty much "READY, SET, GO!" and summer is here! I'm excited to work this summer to create a lot of Blog post about all the great things we did this school year! One thing the AMAZING things I did this year was attend the National Art Education Association 2017 Convention in New York City for 5 days. Here are a few shots from my trip!

Professing my love for NYC at the NAEA 2017
convention in front of this Robert Indiana Sculpture. 

My artsy suitcase on the streets of NYC!

I'm NAEA 2017 Ready! 

In front of a Warhol at the MOMA in NYC. 

In this Blog you'll find all the big messes and "ah-ha!"moments in my art room! You'll see what inspires me and what art teacher life looks like! 

Follow by email to get tiny artist moments and art teacher life in your email! 

Chat soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment