Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It's Art Day!: (VIDEO) Kindergarten Printmaking Time Lapse


When Ms. H dropped off her class and said "It's a full house of 26! Meet our new student!" I thought to myself, "ALL RIGHT! 26 KINDERGARTNERS!" This ya'll, is the controlled chaos I live for! 

I try to always greet my classes at the door and say a quick hello and try to check in with the teacher. I try and I say "try" because teachers are...well...JUGGLING! Always one hand on a ball and a bunch up in the air with one coming down that needs catching!!


After the students and I chatted, we popped on smocks and were ready to print! We are printing with 6 different found objects. Students are up and moving to choose objects and create masterpieces!







In this video: 
  • Students put art on drying rack mostly on their own. Making sure they aren't stacking paintings on paintings still has to be checked in on. They have gotten better and are reminding each other! 
  • No kindergartner goes to the sink but one because he was REALLY purple! Many still try  but with a quick reminder to wipe hands on smock til towels are out.
  • I wet towels (while students are working because I forgot to do it beforehand) and put them on the "island" (table in middle.) 
  • Students get a towel to match their table color and wipe hands then table. 
I would love to know how you paint and print with large groups. These Kindergartners had a blast!  

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! Fun to see it all in time lapse!

    ReplyDelete